Iron Bridge Preservation Contact List
For general information on bridge preservation history, programs, and experts in the field:
- Eric DeLony – Engineering & Industrial Heritage (Particularly Bridges)
A one-man consulting business to help people save historic bridges and other engineering and industrial artifacts.
Formerly @ Historical American Engineering Record (HAER) National Park Service.
21 Cagua Road, Santa Fe, NM 87508
- David Simmons – Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211-2497
Engineers and Managers who have done or are doing work on bridge preservation:
- Frank J. Hatfield, Professor emeritus – Michigan State University
Calhoun County Historic Bridge Project
- William E. Nyman, (Civil Engineer with preservation experience
- Hardesty and Hanover Engineers – New York City
- William P. Chamberlin, Engineering Consultant (formerly with New York State DOT)
1046 Shave Court – Schenectady, N.Y. 12303
- Jim Stewart, Engineer (and expert on old iron bridges)
1260 Johnson Rd. – Churchville, N.Y. 14428
- David Tschantz, Project Manager
Zoarsville Station (Ohio) Bridge Project
3873 Cleveland Rd.- Wooster, Ohio 44961
Tel: 339-345-8100 x22 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perry Green, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Florida
345 Weil Hall – PO Box 116580
Gainesville, Florida 32611-6580
- Chris Higgins – Dept. of Civil Engineering
Clarkson University – Potsdam, N.Y.
Public officials involved in current bridge preservation efforts:
- Richard Stein, Chief Bridge Engineer
Division of Engineering and Construction
City of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bo Mansouri, Engineer
Monroe County Dept. of Transportation
50 W. Main St. Suite 6100
Tel: 716-428-4908 Email: email@example.com
- Larry Lovetinsky, Superintendent
Johnson County (Iowa) Conservation Board
Tel: 319-828-4828 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shirish C. Patel
Supervising Engineer, Highway & Bridges
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
640 South Broad Street
Trenton, N.J. 08650-0068
Tel: 609-989-6646 Fax: 609-989-8295
- Dr. James L. Cooper, of DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
A historic bridge consultant and author of many books on the subject.
- Pat Sparks, PE, who has been involved in a number of bridge restoration projects in Texas.
- Prof. Frank E. Griggs of Rexford,New York
The restorer of the Moseley bowstring bridge at Merrimack College in Massachusetts and others.